Know Your Options
During Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period look for a Medicare plan that’s the right fit for you. Some questions you might ask yourself:
- Has my health changed in any major way this year?
- Has my financial situation changed in any major way?
- Am I taking any new or different medications?
- Have my premiums increased?
- Have my copayments increased?
- Is my doctor still in the plan?
- Are the medications I’m taking still in the plan?
- Is my preferred pharmacy still in the plan?
If any of your answers cause concern, you should take a look at other plans to see if they better meet your needs and budget.
Look closely though. For example, if prescription coverage has increased, before you choose another less expensive plan be sure that plan still covers the medications you take.